Introducing Restorative Practice into School Communities
A set of three workshops on introducing Restorative Practice into school communities.
What is Restorative Practice?
- It is a set of tools underpinned by a philosophy of mutual respect.
Who is RP for?
- It can be used across a whole school community, embedded as a positive code of behaviour.
- It can be a highly effective tool for individual teacher classroom practice. Promoting a positive learning environment and reducing the stress for teachers and their students.
An introduction to Restorative Practice.
- The principals underpinning RP.
- The rationale for using RP. Experiences from Ireland and internationally.
- What is restorative language?
- A taster of simple tools and strategies to get you started with you own practice.
Building my personal practice.
- Getting to grips with a restorative mindset.
- Responding rather than reacting. The restorative tool kit.
- Restorative Circles in the classroom,
- An introduction to some basic classroom tools to get you started tomorrow.
A comprehensive resource pack will accompany each workshop. There will be opportunities to practice the techniques and ask questions.
Dr.Gráinne Mulcahy a fulltime teacher, a Chaplain and Restorative Practices Tutor and Trainer. Working in Gorey Community School, and the Adult Education, Night School. Currently completing a Doctorate in Education, TCD. Delivering practical resources and jargon free professional development since 2009.
|31-01-2023 7:00 pm
|31-01-2023 8:00 pm
|Dr Gráinne Mulcahy