EAL Understanding and Supporting Learners of English as an Additional Language
Webinar participants will be enabled to
- reflect on current knowledge and practices pertaining to English as an Additional Language
- explore typical schooling experiences of the English Language Learner
- identify unique skills that English Language Learners bring to the classroom
- review strategies to support English Language Learners
Teachers will enhance their professional knowledge and practice in the area of English as an Additional Language.
Aoife will begin with a brief reflection on current practices in linguistically diverse settings. It progresses with key insights on the typical schooling experiences of the English Language Learner and highlights the unique skills that these children bring to the classroom. She will provide strategies to help teachers working both remotely and on-site with children who speak English as an Additional Language.
Attendees will receive a handout with strategies and activities to support children with English as an Additional Language.
- Textbox contributions
- Share knowledge and ideas
- Ask questions
- Breakout group discussions
- Discuss webinar content
- Apply new knowledge as part of a task
- Support Materials / Resources
|06-03-2023 5:00 pm
|06-03-2023 6:00 pm